Welcome! I really enjoy exchanging information with people and love that this blog helps with that. I consider much of my research as a work in progress, so please let me know if you have conflicting information. Some of the surnames I'm researching:

Many old Cape families including Kelley, Eldredge/idge, Howes, Baker, Mayo, Bangs, Snow, Chase, Ryder/Rider, Freeman, Cole, Sears, Wixon, Nickerson.
Many old Plymouth County families including Washburn, Bumpus, Lucas, Cobb, Benson.
Johnson (England to MA)
Corey (Correia?) (Azores to MA)
Booth, Jones, Taylor, Heatherington (N. Ireland to Quebec)
O'Connor (Ireland to MA)
My male Mayflower ancestors (only first two have been submitted/approved by the Mayflower Society):
Francis Cooke, William Brewster, George Soule, Isaac Allerton, John Billington, Richard Warren, Peter Browne, Francis Eaton, Samuel Fuller, James Chilton, John Tilley, Stephen Hopkins, and John Howland.
Female Mayflower ancestors: Mary Norris Allerton, Eleanor Billington, Mary Brewster, Mrs. James Chilton, Sarah Eaton, and Joan Hurst Tilley.
Child Mayflower ancestors: Giles Hopkins, (possibly) Constance Hopkins, Mary Allerton, Francis Billington, Love Brewster, Mary Chilton, Samuel Eaton, and Elizabeth Tilley.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

House Location of William and Mary Brewster of Plymouth, Mass.

William Brewster came over on the Mayflower and was one of the more influential members of the Pilgrim contingent and served as a spiritual advisor. He was born about 1567 at Scrooby, Nottingham, and married Mary (maiden name unknown) who was born about 1593. They are my 10th-great grandparents. William and Mary had six children: Patience, Jonathan, Fear, Love, Wrestling and an unnamed children who died young. I have lines of descent from Love, Fear and also from Patience. I've written more about William and Mary Brewster here.

I recently took photographs of the William and Mary's Plymouth house location. Mary died in Plymouth in 1627. William moved to nearby Duxbury where he died in 1646.



Plaque indicating the location of William Brewster's house

Currently the Post Office is on the site of Brewster's house (corner of Leyden and Main Streets)


Leyden Street was formerly called First Street








I appreciate the historical information included on the downtown street signs

View from the top of Leyden Street down to the harbor


1 comment:

I'm now moderating comments on this blog. My apologies for any ensuing delays, but the large number of "spam" comments have made this necessary. ~Chris